Topic: Rigidity of Convex Polytopes
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 20, 1994 9:29 AM

Joseph O'Rourke

Re: Rigidity of Convex Polytopes

In article <CrII49.Bvp@news.cis.umn.edu>,
John M. Sullivan <sullivan@geom.umn.edu> wrote:
[...]
>I assume whatever results there are along these lines fall under
>Alexandrov's theory of mixed volumes, etc, for convex polytopes.
>Unfortunately, our library only had Alexandrov in Russian, so [...]

This is not an answer to John's question, but I had need of a result
of Aleksandrov, and I was able to find it in a German translation of
the Russian original. Here are three accessible references:

@book{aleksandrov-polytopes,
author = "A. D. Aleksandrov",
title = "Konvexe Polyeder",
year = 1958,
publisher = "Akademie-Verlag",
address = "Berlin",
note = "Math. Lehrbucher und Monographien"
}

@book{aleksandrov-intrinsic,
author = "A. D. Aleksandrov and V. A. Zalgaller",
title = "Intrinsic Geometry of Surfaces",
year = 1967,
publisher = "American Mathematical Society",
address = "Providence, RI",
note = "Translation of the 1962 Russian original."
}

@book{aleksandrov-inner,
author = "A. D. Aleksandrov",
title = "Die Innere Geometrie der Konvexen Fla:chen",
year = 1955,