Topic: Rotation matrix in N dimensions
Replies: 7   Last Post: Feb 16, 2013 2:51 PM

anonymous

Re: Rotation matrix in N dimensions

> In a message dated 7/17/03 10:42:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> somewhere@on_earth.in_space writes:
>
> << For R5 you will have 5c2 or 10 planes to rotate about. >>
>
> They won't be planes, they'll be realms (3-spaces).

Thanks for that correction. (smile) Yes, you are correct, although I've not
heard of that term employed before. I've heard of (and worked with) k-flats,
which I think might be the same thing here.

Your point, that we'd have a geometrical object of N-2, calls this to our
attention.

I don't see anyway around the almost exponential complexity, as we consider the
higher dimensional space rotations.