Topic: What's wrong with education and what is being done to change it?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 13, 1996 11:15 AM

rdsilverman@qed.com

Re: What's wrong with education and what is being done to change it?

In article <4phj7g$suk@usenet.rpi.edu>, <jyoung@pulsar2.rdrc.rpi.edu> writes:

> Thomas W. Cowdery <twcowde@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu> wrote:
> >jyoung@pulsar2.rdrc.rpi.edu (Jeffrey A. Young) wrote:
> >

> >>Well that is up to the teacher(s), is it not? Do you think it is
> >>impossible to learn that "behavior is inappropriate" without expulsion
> >>from the room?

> >Expulsion from the room *should* be a last resort. Unfortunately, for
> >some youngsters, in some instances, it is the only alternative. Also,

Yup. Expulsion should be a last resort. I prefer the Harry Harrison/
Stainless Steel Rat Approach:

Chain them to their desks without food until they pass the exam.....