Topic: California SAT-9 Testing.
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 30, 2000 9:39 PM

Sarah Wethered

Re: California SAT-9 Testing.

I teach all Asian kids, and they tell me that the math curriculum in British
Columbia is a joke compared to the math curriculum in Japan, Honk Kong, or
Taiwan. Perhaps the students from Asia do so well, because North American
math standards are much lower than in Asia. One of our teachers who did all
his school in Taiwan said that grade 12 math in Taiwan is equivalent to first
or second year university calculus here in Canada.

Sarah

e-mail the k12.ed.math moderator at kem-moderator@thinkspot.net
submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to k12math@sd28.bc.ca