Topic: Conditional Probability Question
Replies: 49   Last Post: Oct 18, 2001 2:34 PM

mensanator

Re: Conditional Probability Question

>Subject: Re: Conditional Probability Question
>From: Virgil vmhjr2@home.com
>Date: 9/29/01 5:24 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>In article <9p5cca$gshuu$1@ID-99058.news.dfncis.de>,
> "David Lloyd-Jones" <davidlj@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>> "Mensanator" <mensanator@aol.com> wrote
>> >
>> > Are you aware of the basic fact that the sum of probabilities must be 1?
>> >

>> Mensanot,
>>
>> The sum of probabilities for simultaneously and exhaustively possible

>events
>> must sum to one.
>>
>> At each stage of the investigation of the parts, bad and good is an
>> exhaustive list of the possibilities. The chance of part i being bad is
>> 1/(101-i). The chance of the part being good is {1-[1/(101-i)]} , for
>> a total of 1.
>>
>> Why don't you trot off and help Harris with his FLT proof?
>>
>> -dlj.
>>

>Are you 2 aware that you are both beating the same dead horse?

Yeah, but since he called me stupid and dopey, I insist on having the last
word.

But you are right, there is no point in pursuing this argument any further.

Date Subject Author
9/25/01
Read Conditional Probability Question
Aaron Davies
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Wade Ramey
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Randy Poe
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Aaron Davies
9/26/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Kevin Foltinek
9/26/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Kevin Foltinek
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Aaron Davies
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Steve Wright
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Timothy E. Vaughan
9/26/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Lionel Barnett
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Virgil
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Ray Vickson
9/25/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/26/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Virgil
9/26/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/26/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Virgil
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
The Scarlet Manuka
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Virgil
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Aaron Davies
9/28/01
[...]
David Lloyd-Jones
9/28/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/29/01
[...]
Lynn Kurtz
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Aaron Davies
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
mensanator
9/27/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Virgil
10/17/01
Read Re: Conditional Probability Question
Mike Mccarty Sr
10/18/01