Topic: Algebra Tiles
Replies: 23   Last Post: Feb 12, 2002 6:42 PM

davidjmclaren

RE: Calculus in 9th grade and such, was Re: Algebra Tiles

Mea culpa, mea culpa.

I have unsuscribed.

Have a good day.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org
[mailto://owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org]On Behalf Of Lillie Crowley
Sent: 09 February 2002 18:12
To: mrobison@voyager.net
Cc: raypublk@san.rr.com; mathedcc@mathforum.com
Subject: Re: Calculus in 9th grade and such, was Re: Algebra Tiles

Mike's first point (the one about this being a community college mathematics list) is one that all readers herein should note. The list was conceived as a forum for discussion of matters that concern community college mathematics instruction; some seem to have lost sight of this. All the peripheral issues are interrelated and many are interesting. However, we at community colleges cannot be held responsible for what happens to students before they get to us; our job is to deal with what we've got, which in many cases means we deal with un-motivated, ill-prepared and "damaged", students. (Not all, mind you, but lots of them)

Lillie