Topic: FWD: Bihar's oriental library to go on Net
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 5, 2001 6:49 PM

Antreas P. Hatzipolakis

Re: FWD: Bihar's oriental library to go on Net

>On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Antreas P. Hatzipolakis wrote:
>

>> >In which library was the arabic Diophantus found?
>>
>> Roshdi Rashed discovered it in an Iranian library (1971)
>>

>> APH
>>

>More specifically, it was the library of the Mashhad Shrine.
>
>Avinoam Mann

.... and since we are on RR, here is his latest book:

Rashed, Roshdi - Bellosta, Helene: Ibrahim ibn Sinan: logique et
geometrie au Xe siecle. (French) [Ibrahim ibn Sinan: logic and
geometry in the Xth century] Islamic Philosophy, Theology, and Science,
XLII. E. J. Brill, Leiden, 2000. xii+809 pp. ISBN: 90-04-11804-7

APH