Topic: Re: Class Size
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 14, 1995 10:47 AM

David K. Pugalee

Re: Class Size

Kent,
I see one of the greatest obstacles in implementing any reform is
inefficient class sizes. I agree with your comments and hope that class
size will be addressed as a deterrent in implementing the standards.
David K. Pugalee, Saginaw Valley State University

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995 Lutemann@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 95-10-11 16:43:22 EDT, kmichalo@pen.k12.va.us (Karen Dee
> Michalowicz) writes:
>

> > However, if ones style is lecture, maybe one
> >would believe so. There is no way a teacher can manage a class
> >invovled with hands on matherials and with inter-group
> >discussion when they are packed into a room. Even using the
> >ancient Socratic dialogue which we all know is good pedagogy,
> >you cannot do such in a large class. Well you could, but you
> >wouldn't be engaging the whole class.

> I don't believe it. does this mean we agree?
>
> Kent

Date Subject Author
10/12/95
Read Re: Class Size