Topic: 1996 National Meeting
Replies: 17   Last Post: Apr 14, 1995 4:00 PM

Michelle Manes

Re: 1996 National Meeting

Subject: 1996 National Meeting
From: Ben Sultenfuss <F_SULTENFU@TITAN.SFASU.EDU> at internet
Date: 4/11/95 9:05 AM

>Where and When will the 1996 National Meeting be held?

As stated in an earlier message, the 1996 National Meeting will be
held in San Diego, CA. The dates are April 25-28.

Now, *before* the NCTM conference in Boston this year, I had to
send in my speaker response form for *next year's* conference.
That means that over one year in advance, I had to finalize the
title and description of my talk. Does this seem crazy to anyone
but me? I know that it's time-consuming to put these things
together, but there is no way we're hearing about new
research/curriculum/materials in the sessions if that's the
only way to get on the program.

(Of course, the exhibits are much more current. Which is why I spend
most of my time there and only attend one or two sessions---other than
my own---each conference.)

Comments?

-michelle

--