Topic: 1996 National Meeting
Replies: 17   Last Post: Apr 14, 1995 4:00 PM

Tad Watanabe

Re: 1996 National Meeting

I am not an NCTM official, but, I think there is a quite a bit of
differene between research presentations at the AMS meeting and (mostly)
teacher workshops at the NCTM national/regional meetings. I think they do
have some spaces for research presentations at the NCTM, with a little
bit later deadline - at least that's what happened when I did a research
presentation in Nashville. Also, the deadline for the research
pre-session is usually in August.

I am not saying that teacher workshops cannot be outdated, but, if some
pedagogical approach is sound this year, then it should be sound in two
years, shouldn't it? Also, many of the local group meeting has much
later deadlines (and much more affordable to attend).

* Tad Watanabe e-mail *
* Dept. of Mathematics watanabe-t@toe.towson.edu *
* Towson State University watanabe-t@towsonvx.bitnet *
* Towson, MD 21204 tad@midget.towson.edu *
* (410) 830 - 3585 (410) 830 - 4149 FAX *