Topic: 1996 National Meeting
Replies: 17   Last Post: Apr 14, 1995 4:00 PM

Ronald A Ward

Re: 1996 National Meeting

Annie (and others in similar straits),
I'd recommend writing travel money for presentations into the
grant applications or contract proposals, if possible. I believe that
funding agencies should want to support dissemination about products
developed with their monies. I have had success with a number of
different funding agencies in this regard, although I am aware that some
preclude such travel.
But I also thought the exhibit idea worked well--Key Curriculum
was the very first place I visited Thursday morning, and I went there
precisely because you had indicated via NCTM-l-Boston that you'd be there
with the yellow ribbons! :)
It is also the case that there are shorter lead times for talks
and poster sessions at the NCSM, which meets on Tuesday and Wednesday,
than for the NCTM. Perhaps that would be a possibility for you in San Diego.

Ron Ward/Western Washington U/Bellingham, WA 98225
ronaward@henson.cc.wwu.edu