The Math Forum

Topic: Math Ed.
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 9, 1995 4:04 PM

David K. Pugalee

Re: Math Ed.

What I am afraid is happening in too many cases is an emphasis on cute
examples of how integration of subject matter occurs; but, there seems to
be a lack of effort to define and develop the processes which are
necessary for a teacher to become proficient in making these
connections. I realize that examples are wonderful; but, I am afraid
that they serve to address surface issues. Hopefully, we will begin to
discuss what it means to integrate topics and the process which is involved.

David K. Pugalee,
Saginaw Valley State University