The Math Forum

Topic: Word Problems-a view from a student
Replies: 19   Last Post: Dec 16, 1995 5:38 PM

Andre TOOM

Re: Word Problems-a view from a student

> On 12/6 Andrei Toom wrote:

> >translating from English (or another natural language) into
> >algebra is not exactly mathematics. It is something much
> >more important. And it is really good for all.

On Sun, 10 Dec 1995, Marc Vidulich answered:

> I think the translating is an integration
> of verbal and math/analytical ability.

I think that this translating is still more important.
It is a coordination between these abilities.

Andrei Toom toom@the-college.iwctx.edu