Topic: Saxon ad
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 27, 1995 8:54 AM

Tim Hendrix

Re: Saxon ad

>On Sat, 25 Feb 1995, Michael Paul Goldenberg wrote:
>

>> ...define what YOU mean by "poorly stated." Finally, the burden is on
>> you to show examples from the Standards. Like Mr. Saxon, you seem to be
>> uncomfortable with the Standards, but you don't articulate very clearly
>> what your objections are. For me to cite examples, let's just say that I

>`Poorly stated' means `unclear' or `ununderstandable'.
>How can I have objections to something I don't understand ?
>You claim that you understand ? But you cannot explain.
>And don't mix me with Mr. Saxon. Andrei Toom

Andrei,

It's not that PMG cannot explain the Standards...that would be too
voluminous a task even if they were 100% clear. As with any document of of
such wide coverage, there are indeed places where the specific intent is
vague...that is why we have a listserv to discuss them! I think that if
you were to cite a particular area, subject, or topic about which you feel
the Standards are particularly unclear, persons would be energetic about
discussing said topic.

Tim Hendrix

Tim Hendrix (hendrix@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu) *
Division of Mathematics Education *
Department of Curriculum & Instruction *
University of Illinois *
382 Education Building *
1310 South 6th Street *
Champaign, Il 61820 *