Topic: Saxon ad
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 27, 1995 8:54 AM

Andre TOOM

Re: Saxon ad

On Sun, 26 Feb 1995, Dagfinn Eggen wrote:

> The most important thing about calculators at K-4 level (AM I RIGHT WHEN I
> SAY THAT K-4 IS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN?) is, in my opinion, that it is
> a tool for computing (AND NOT PIMARILY FOR PROBLEM SOLVING!!) that means
> that ordinary division, multiplication, subtraction and adding becomes much
> easier.

So the ultimate goal is to get computing done ?
Then, of course, calculators are grrrreat.
But what for children are in this context ?
Eliminate them from the picture, hire a few professionals
or program a super-computer to do all the computing.
It will be faster and simpler.
Andrei Toom