Topic: Saxon ad
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 27, 1995 8:54 AM

Tad Watanabe

Re: Saxon ad

Andrei:

Have you ever read _any_ of the addenda series books?

Michael has asked you to be specific and you keep ignoring (or playing
word game). I don't necessarily agree with all of the
activities/problems included in addenda series, but I think they give you
good ideas about what the Standards are recommending. Here are some of
the addenda series books:

They have 7 grade specific books for grades K - 6. In addition, there
are "subject matter" books for K-6: Patterns, Making Sense of Data,
Number Sense and Operations, and Geometry and Spatial Sense. For grades
5-8, they have: Measurement in the Middle Grades, Understanding RAtional
Numbers and Proportions, Dealing with Data and Chance, Developing Number
Sense in the Middle Grades, Geometry in the Middle Grades, Patterns and
Functions. They have more for 9-12, but I'm not going to list them
here. I think this should give you some references to check.

Tad Watanabe
Towson State University
Towson, Maryland 21204