Topic: response to toom et al arguemnt
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 27, 1995 5:08 PM

Andre TOOM

Re: response to toom et al arguemnt

On Sun, 26 Feb 1995, JANIS wrote:

> Rose Marie, I agree with you!! I unsubbed before Christmas because of
> an interminable argument about Saxon math

The present argument is not about Saxon. It is about children.

> BTW, yes teachers, even those with limited math background
> CAN come up with examples and problems.
> To suggest that they can't is to go back to the old
> procedural ways of teaching so teachers don't "mess it up".

Please, don't read lines, not between them.
When suggesting that teachers are the providers of
problems and examples, do you agree that there is want
of problems and examples in the Standards ?
Andrei Toom