Topic: Fractals
Replies: 29   Last Post: May 9, 1995 10:14 AM

Andre TOOM

Re: Fractals

On Thu, 4 May 1995, Tad Watanabe wrote:

> I am curious to know what you mean by "essential." Wouldn't it be
> possible to fit the investigations of fractals within your two most
> important topics?

Essential means serving the purpose of intellectual development
of students. The more I teach in this country the more I value
word problems.
About fractals: you cannot discuss them without logarithms.
You cannot teach logarithms without a prerequisite of
algebra and coordinate system.
Andrei