Topic: Fractals
Replies: 29   Last Post: May 9, 1995 10:14 AM

Andre TOOM

Re: Fractals

On Thu, 4 May 1995, Tad Watanabe wrote:

> Well, reading other people's response, I'm not sure why you say you
> cannot discuss fractals without logarthms. It sure sounds like
> investigations of fractals can serve the purpose of intellectual
> development of students. I wonder what you meant by "discuss." I wonder
> if you were thinking of "discussion" at much more sophisticated levels.

What remains from fractals if you discuss them with people
who don't know logarithms ? Rorschach-like blots ?
Small children can produce them in quantities.
By `discuss' I mean at least formulate their mathematical properties.
I thought `fractals' mean that they have non-integer
fractal dimension. Please, remember its definition.
Andrei