Topic: Fractals
Replies: 29   Last Post: May 9, 1995 10:14 AM

Andre TOOM

Re: Fractals

On Thu, 4 May 1995, Janet V Smith wrote:

> I enjoyed Judith's response to the fractal discussion. I did a unit with
> my eighth graders last year called Infinite Windows. They did great, and
> really enjoyed it. We investigated Seirpinski's Trainlge, looked into
> iterating patterns in Pascal's Trianlge, etc. I think it is good for them
> to see a bigger picture than arithmetic. I am really tires of students
> thinking they are not doing amth if they are not doing computation!

Dear Janet, I am happy that you are such an enthusiastic teacher.
But I have a question: can you send us a test or a quize
or something like that to show what your students can
do, which problems they can solve in result of these studies ?
Andrei Toom