Topic: Fractals
Replies: 29   Last Post: May 9, 1995 10:14 AM

Tad Watanabe

Re: Fractals

Andrei:

What is such a big deal? Do you seriously think you analogy of
cheerleaders is comparable to the discussion of fractals, no matter how
informal it may be, in mathematics classroom?

You know, I would be much more concerned if students thought arithmetic
was "mathematics."

As for Sah's point that two of the mathematical ideas can be discussed
within the context of "traditional" mathematics. So???? Again, I don't
see what's so wrong about discussing these ideas in different contexts?
Is it wrong?

Tad Watanabe
Towson State University
Towson, Maryland