Topic: co-operative learning
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jul 3, 1995 1:07 PM

Linda Coutts

Re: co-operative learning

Tonya,

YOu've brought up some important points regarding teacher decision making.
There is no ONE perfect way! Teachers must decide with each lesson which
is the best way they can structure an opportunity for student to learn.
There is a time and a place for "lecture" or rather a verbal telling or
sharing of information. Lecture, in our society, has come to mean a dry
boring telling of information. Lectures do not have to be dry dull and
boring. In fact, I have attended some rather interesting lectures. I
would probably say that I haven't given too many interesting lectures
myself.

later.....

Linda Coutts e-mail address: lcoutts@mail.coin.missouri.edu
Coordinator Elementary Mathematics
Columbia Public Schools Voice: (314) 886-2233
1206 E. Walnut St FAX: (314) 886-2078
Columbia, MO 65201