Topic: Block scheduling/UCSMP
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 4, 1995 10:38 AM

Marie Theres Peters

Re: Block scheduling/UCSMP

Ben,
We have not really sat down as a department and told other
teachers what is important in each of the courses. Some of us have gone
through our own curriculum to decide what is the most important and have
relayed that to the teachers who teach the prerequisites.
About "guest teachers"....There is no school-wide policy on what
we need to leave as lesson plans. Each teacher does whatever. We do
keep a packet in the main office that contains our schedule and
description of duties. We can also keep emergency lesson plans there. I
am currently looking for math activities that can be used on all levels
to keep in the packet. If I know that I will be out, then I will lay out
detailed plans. I will also let one or two students know what I am
leaving for them to do, and they can also "guest teach." What is your
school's policy for substitute lesson plans?
Has anyone else who has been on a block schedule have any ideas
or suggestions on how to make substitute lessons be more successful?

Marie Peters
Christiana High School
mtpeters@chopin.udel.edu