Topic: Re: Scott, curriculum
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 9, 1995 10:45 AM

Michael Paul Goldenberg

From: Ann Arbor, MI
Registered: 12/3/04
Re: Scott, curriculum

On Thu, 6 Jul 1995 DoctorCHEK@aol.com wrote:

> <Snip, snip>
> Was there something here that Kent and I should find worth noting?
> I pride myself on doing the right thing and usually it's without putting my
> principles aside. I still believe that anything worth doing is worth doing
> well...but then again (at age 45) I'm from the "old" school.
> Harv :-)

Harv,

I'll be 45 on the 25th of this month, so I'm not exactly from the new
school. I just never bought into the old one. I hope it's not patronizing
to state that the saying, "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly"
means that if you've got an important idea and wait for perfect
circumstances to test it, you're likely to never find out if it can work
at all. Making mistakes is part of the process of learning and improving,
so it's usually worth doing something "badly" rather than not doing it at
all.

Michael Paul Goldenberg
University of Michigan 310 E. Cross St.
4001 School of Education Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259 (313) 482-9585
(313) 747-2244 email: mikegold@umich.edu