Topic: calculus for (secondary) math teachers
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 21, 1995 1:08 PM

Andre TOOM

Re: calculus for (secondary) math teachers

On Thu, 20 Jul 1995, Tad Watanabe wrote:

> Andrei:
>
> Do you have a list of topics for Algebra? How about something from
> Probability/Statistics? Or, they don't come BEFORE calculus?
>
> Also, I'm curious, why you list divisibility tests for 3 and 9
> specifically but not others, like 4 and 8.

My list was not complete. To make it approximately complete
I need more time to think. I omitted divisibility for 2,4,5,8
as more easy. Of course, they are essential.
I forgot combinatorics: it should be included, and
discrete probability, based on it.
I forgot theory of polynomials and complex numbers,
which also should be included.
All this comes before calculus, as I see it.
Andrei