Topic: Fwd: Re: meaningful standards (fwd)
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 30, 1995 1:47 PM

Steve Means

Re: meaningful standards (fwd)

Gary,
I believe tomorrow is just another way of looking at today. I think we
need to do "all of this" at once. My students asked me what I thought.
My response was to observe that at any particular time I seem to both
seek generalizastions, use generalizations, identify a context, apply and
investigate past experience and present problems. I find it very
difficult to freeze and focus my brain on just one part of the
learning/doing.

At best I can set a goal of responding primarily to one particular part
of the whole process. I drift, however, to the most interesting (to me,
at the time) part, often to the distraction of other workers, wh drift
differently.

from Steven S. Means means@belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us
Math and Technology Teacher at Sammamish High School
http://belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us/sammamish/