Topic: re: effectiveness of lectures
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 30, 1995 5:31 PM

DoctorCHEK@aol.com

Re: re: effectiveness of lectures

[[[[QUESTION: Who is doing the "constructing, telling, asking, probing"?
If the teacher, WHY??? Seems like having a P.E. teacher doing the laps
for his/her class, to be sure they are done correctly and efficiently.
If it's the students who are doing this, then you basically agree with the
constructivists. :)
g.

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995 DoctorCHEK@aol.com wrote:
> My only comment here is that I feel lecture does not only include
"telling".
> Lecture to me includes "constructing", "telling", "asking",

Who?....teachers AND students

Harv Becker

PS BTW, the analogy above does not work. If I lecture to my
students about trig ratios (for example) then they will come away with
(hopefully) some knowledge of trig ratios. If the PE teacher runs my laps
for me, my body will get exactly zero benefit.