Topic: The missing dollar problem
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 14, 1995 11:09 AM

Howard L. Hansen

Re: The missing dollar problem

The missing dollar problem is, I believe the same sort of word play
involved in the "extra finger" problem. Hold up both hands, start
counting your fingers beginning with the pinky finger on the left
hand--"ten, nine, eight, seven, six" (reaching the thumb of the left
hand). Now say, pushing the right hand forward, "and 5 makes 11". You
can't count in both directions at once.