Topic: course titles
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 23, 1995 7:34 PM

Tad Watanabe

Re: course titles

I don't know about Europe, but, in Japan, math courses are usually
integrated, too. In Junior High School (7th -9th) they usually take Math
I, II, III. In 10th, they take Math I (different course, but the same
title), then after that it varies. Usually starting around 11th grade,
they start "tracking" students into college bound and non-college bound,
and the college bound group is usually further split into math/science
and humanities. Some schools will further split math/science group in
12th grade into "hard" math/sci and "soft" math/sci (nursing, vet,
medicine, etc.).

* Tad Watanabe e-mail *
* Dept. of Mathematics watanabe-t@toe.towson.edu *
* Towson State University watanabe-t@towsonvx.bitnet *
* Towson, MD 21204 tad@midget.towson.edu *
* (410) 830 - 3585 (410) 830 - 4149 FAX *