Topic: Re: armchair educators
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 11, 1995 11:17 AM

Michael Paul Goldenberg

From: Ann Arbor, MI
Registered: 12/3/04
Re: armchair educators

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995 Lutemann@aol.com wrote:

> In our city (a town of 200,000 in the deep South) the public schools scored
> way below the the national average in math on the SAT exept in one inner city
> school which school scored way above the national average. This was a
> "traditional" magnet school that used teaching methods from the 1950's.
> Needless to say, every parent practically breaks their neck trying to get
> their kids into this school. I think if Mike Goldenberg ( and all the other
> "armchair" educators) lived here and had children he'd be breaking his neck
> with the rest of them.
>

> Kent

Really, Kent? Any other psychic predictions? I have children and don't
pick their schools based on standardized test scores. As to the
"armchair," give it a rest. I'm sure most folks have gotten the point by
now: you think that anyone affiliated with a university must by
definition have no teaching background, experience, or knowledge. Of
course, that opinion is asinine, but what else is new?

Further, I'm starting to wonder if you actually have opinions or if you
just want to pick fights. Some of your recent replies seem awfully
inconsistent. But feel free, by all means.

Michael Paul Goldenberg
University of Michigan 310 E. Cross St.
4001 School of Education Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259 (313) 482-9585
(313) 747-2244 email: mikegold@umich.edu