Topic: Borda count
Replies: 9   Last Post: Nov 17, 2000 3:13 PM

Michael Paul Goldenberg

From: Ann Arbor, MI
Registered: 12/3/04
Re: Frequent posters to this list.

on 11/12/00 8:14 AM, Rex at Rex.Boggs@chello.com.au wrote:

> Correction: Michael Goldenberg hasn't sent 101 messages to the list;
> rather, he has sent the same message 101 times.
>
> Ditto Victor Steinbok (65 messages), Domenico Rosa (55 pseudo messages) and
> Greg Goodnight (44 messages).
>
> I concede I might be wrong, as I haven't read their posts for a while. All
> of these folks are on my Internet Explorer 'block sender' list. At times
> they have all written thought-provoking emails, but these days their 'chaff
> to wheat ratio' has become intolerably high.
>
> BTW, to block a sender in Internet Explorer 4.0 is easy - open one of his
> messages, then click on (Message, Block Sender, Yes).
>
> Cheers
>
> Rex
> ---------
> Rex Boggs
> Glenmore State High School Phone: 0749 230 338
> P.O. Box 5822 Fax: 0749 230 350
> Rockhampton Mail Centre
> Rockhampton QLD 4702
> Australia
> Secondary Mathematics Assessment and Resource Database
> http://smard.cqu.edu.au
> Exploring Data
> http://exploringdata.cqu.edu.au

Gosh, after that devastating critique by Rex, I should probably commit
Netacide. Or perhaps become a schizophrenic (so I can put more variety into
my posts.

I'm glad, however, that Rex has chosen the method I recommend for those who
don't enjoy reading a particular poster's output. Mail filters do the trick.

On Guy's post (and I hope this isn't hopelessly repetitive): I used that
same book on occasion last year, along with the video tapes that you can buy
to supplement it. I would have loved to have had it as the main text. But
according to Sol G., the new COMAP series from the ARISE project is much
more up to date with its examples. I've been looking through it and find it
very promising. Oh. Am I allowed to use that word? It's so hard to know
these days.
--
------
Michael Paul Goldenberg Washtenaw Technical Middle College

home 734 482-0497 work 734 477-8560
cell 734 604-8559

"Facts are precisely what there is not, only interpretations."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, THE WILL TO POWER