Topic: Borda count
Replies: 9   Last Post: Nov 17, 2000 3:13 PM

Daryl Anderson

RE: Frequent posters to this list.

Rex, I have to agree - and I, since last year, have really enjoyed some of
the contributions of most of the named co-conspirators, and I agree that
these issues are too important to be ignored. They have just lost
perspective and are clogging my mailbox.

But -- I have a practical question... I, too, have tried to "block" and/or
filter mail from most of the folks listed... but it doesn't always work and
I was looking for advice from this list.

I use Microsoft Outlook for email and it has an "inbox assistant" feature
which is the only place I can find to build-in filtering. But it seems
pretty rigid and limited. Even moving messages to this listserv to my
"math-teach" folder requires a suite of "inbox rules" since it doesn't seem
capable of filtering mail that,e.g., "contains the string "nctm" in the to
field". Instead I have to filter stuff to "math-teach@forum...", to "nctm",
to "blahblah". It has been harder to filter our individuals, especially
those who use multiple email addresses (?!).

SO... what is this Internet Explore function you talk of ? I thought
Explorer was my "browser", not a "mail reader" ??? I thought you might be
generically referring to, e.g, Outlook, but can't find a "message" or "block
sender" menu item, and my Explorer just, well..., explores.

I'd appreciate advice on this practical matter from anyone on the list...
and hurt or wounded flames from the "frequent posters" will be filtered the
low-tech way... right-little-pinky-[DEL].
-da