Topic: outlier iterative detection
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 11, 1996 9:42 AM

RODNEY SPARAPANI

Re: outlier iterative detection

In article <Dsq5oF.xF@news.hawaii.edu> Sun, 9 Jun 1996 05:45:00 GMT
dmontgom@hawaii.edu (David Montgomery) writes:

>Does anyone have a procedure that implements an iterative outlier
>dectection procedure in the spirit of tsay 1988 of Chen and Liu 1993.
>Any information would be helpful. Thanks in Advance

By iterative, I suppose you mean, if an outlier is found and dispatched,
then do we find another outlier and so on. I don't remember the exact
details, but there was an interesting article in JASA, Dec. '93, v. 88,
no. 424, pp. 1264-1272.

Hadi and Simonoff: Identifying Multiple Outliers in Linear Models

Rodney Sparapani, Statistician, Trilogy Consulting
Glaxo Wellcome Inc., US Clinical Statistics, RTP NC
sparapani~r@glaxo.com

DISCLAIMER: Any comments or statements made in this article
are not necessarily those of Glaxo Wellcome Inc.