The Math Forum

Topic: Creation VS Evolution Survey Now Complete
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 14, 1996 1:54 PM

Eric Williams @ PCB x5577

Re: Creation VS Evolution Survey Now Complete

In article <617.6733T37T444@mercury.interpath.com>, kwdavids@mercury.interpath.com (Kevin W. Davidson) writes:

> Don Cates previously wrote an article appearing in talk.religion.misc:

> >Sorry, it does follow.
> >Pi is not a repeating infinite decimal, it is a transandental. Its
> >decimal expansion is infinite and non-repeating. It has been proven that
> >any finite sequence appears somewhere in its expansion.

> Proven by whom and shown where? I'm not denying that it has been proven,
> but mathematical fact is one thing what we should be certain about (as
> it is one of the FEW THINGS we can be certain about).

You might get a more coherent response if this is crossposted to sci.math.

I have accordingly done so.

Good luck.

[.sigsnip]

--
eric_williams@mentorg.com
The preceding is *not* to be construed in any way as an official (or unofficial)