The Math Forum

Topic: The coyote and the Acme Instant Hole
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 18, 1996 7:22 AM

James Paterson

Re: The coyote and the Acme Instant Hole

rob <rsedg10413@aol.com> wrote:

>If you can scientifically solve that question you would solve the
>puzzle of what happens to create a BLACK HOLE in the universe as
>it is understood today....You can imagine however that this is
>only a 3 dimentional world in which we live in, and to take your
>thoughts into ...lets say a 4th dimentional approach you may find
>yourself very hard to believe, if not put in a nut house..
> But remember......anything is possible in the world of
>cartoon's....and sometimes reality itself is hard to explain.

The physical world has at least four dimentions
The standard three in which we have unlimited movement
plus "Time" in which we have restricted movement.
I have heard of a fifth dimention but can't recall it at present!

BTW this problem would be solved alot easier if the ACME insant Hole
had a "This Way Up" note on it.

Jim Paterson.