Topic: basins of attraction literature search
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 17, 1991 8:08 PM

Lance Norskog

Re: basins of attraction literature search

mchamberland@violet.waterloo.edu (Marc Chamberland) writes:

>I am interested in the topic of "basins of attraction" in planar
>dynamical systems. I am scanning the literature, but am asking
>here for anyone who can give some insight into good books or papers
>on this topic. Please reply by e-mail.

Find a video camera with a reverse video button, or a TV with same.
Point the camera at the TV. You now have an engine for exploring
basins of attraction. Switch off any auto-adjust modes on the camera.
Mount the camera on a tripod and twiddle the various adjustment knobs.
You'll spend hours at this, trust me.

Afterwards, read the literature.

Lance Norskog