Topic: Number Sense and Computational Fluency
Replies: 92   Last Post: Jul 24, 2008 5:09 AM

Wendy Gulley

Choosing units

On Mon Mar 13 16:23:24 2000, Joan Schaffer wrote Re. Division:

Any more information on choosing units
>would be appreciated.

Have you seen the article on this site called:
"FAQ's about phasing in Investigations and selecting units"?

You can find it in "Leader Resources" which is under "Resources".

I kind of went out on a limb in this article to write about which
units to select at each grade level. I based it on my experience the
last few years working with Massachusetts districts and talking with
TERC authors, but I'm sure there are different opinions out there
about what the most important units to teach are. I hope teachers out
there will write in if they disagree with what I wrote.

Date Subject Author
11/23/98
Read Number Sense and Computational Fluency
wendy
2/3/99
Read Computation skills for middle school
concerned teacher
2/12/99
Read re: computation skills
Nancy B.
3/4/99
Read computation skills practice
Mary Brown
3/28/99
Read re: computation skills practice
Missy Taft
3/28/99
Read more computation skills practice
Barbara
4/2/99
Read computation skills: engaging parents
Missy Taft
4/3/99
Read re: computation skills and parents
Mary Brown
4/9/99
Read computation skills
Cornelia Tierney
4/25/99
Read Re: computation skills practice
Mary Beth LaHaye
5/28/99
Read Re: computation skills practice
Rachelle Tome
5/28/99
Read facts practice
Rachelle Tome
10/9/03
Read Re: re: computation skills
Patty
5/9/99
Read Re: Computation skills for middle school
Mary Beth LaHaye
7/24/08
Read Re: Computation skills for middle school
Pukar
4/14/99
Read Number Sense in Close to 100
Meghan Anderson
4/17/99
Read Computational Strategies
Cindy Stogsdill
5/21/08
Read Re: Computational Strategies
Emma1
4/21/99
Read Number Sense through the games
Janice Odom
4/25/99
Read Improvements in number sense
Mary Beth LaHaye
10/27/99
Read Computational Materials
Gary Woodford
10/31/99
Read Re: Computational Materials
Sam Morris
10/31/99
Read Computation in the Investigations Program
Wayne Watson
11/22/99
Read Division difficulties
Rachelle Tome
11/29/99
Read Re: Division difficulties
Sam Morris
11/29/99
Read Division
Wayne Watson
12/6/99
Read Getting Started using Landmarks in the 1000s
Joan Schaffer
12/8/99
Read Re: Getting Started in Grade 5
Julie
12/11/99
Read Re: Getting Started
Sam Morris
2/27/00
Read Action Research-New Strategies for Struggling Students
Missy Taft
3/3/00
Read Re: Action Research-New Strategies for Struggling Students
Sam Morris
3/6/00
Read Re: Re: Action Research-New Strategies for Struggling Students
Missy Taft
3/12/00
Read Re: Re: Re: Action Research-New Strategies for Struggling Students
Sam Morris
3/6/00
Read Division: Packages and Groups
Joan Schaffer
3/12/00
Read Re: Division
Sam Morris
3/13/00
Read Re: Division
Wendy Gulley
3/13/00
Read Division
Joan Schaffer
3/13/00
Read Choosing units
Wendy Gulley
3/9/01
Read Re: Re: Division
mary jane giardi
3/10/01
Read Re: Division
Cynthia Garland-Dore
3/17/00
Read Kumon Math
Gary Woodford
3/25/00
Read Re: Kumon Math
Sam Morris
3/30/00
Read Re: Kumon Math
Wendy Gulley
4/27/08
Read Re: Kumon Math
Megan
7/22/08
Read Re: Kumon Math
chitra
6/15/00
Read connections with fractions
Melissa Mohan
11/12/00
Read advanced computation
judy Berkowitz
11/19/00
Read Re: advanced computation
Sam Morris
11/19/00
Read Computational Strategies: a balance needed
Mike Swaine
11/27/00
Read Re: Computational Strategies
Jacki Riffey
11/27/00
Read Re: Re: Computational Strategies
Sam Morris
10/22/03
Read Re: Re: Computational Strategies
Patty
10/24/03
Read Re: Re: Re: Computational Strategies
Euthecia Hancewicz
11/27/00
Read Re: Computational Strategies
Sam Morris
11/28/00
Read Re: Re: Computational Strategies
Susan Weiss
11/28/00
Read Teaching Algorithms
Wayne
11/29/00
Read Re: Teaching Algorithms
Jacki Riffey
11/30/00
Read Re: Re: Teaching Algorithms
Susan Weiss
12/5/00
Read Re: Re: Teaching Algorithms
Sam Morris
12/7/00
Read Re: Re: Re: Teaching Algorithms
Rachelle Tome
12/4/00
Read Teaching Algorithms
Mike Swaine
12/12/00
Read Re: Teaching Algorithms
Wendy Gulley
2/8/01
Read multipling and dividing fractions
Sharon Peck
2/14/01
Read Re: multipling and dividing fractions
Cynthia Garland-Dore
4/29/01
Read Packages and Groups Book
LA Pruske
4/29/01
Read Re: Packages and Groups Book
Cynthia Garland-Dore
5/7/01
Read Re: Re: Packages and Groups Book
LA Pruske
5/8/01
Read Data investigation: Looking at Mystery Data
Melissa Mohan
7/5/01
Read mult/div fractions
Linda Dodge
12/11/01
Read whole number computational fluency articulated to decimal computation
Maize Micek
12/11/01
Read Re: whole number computational fluency articulated to decimal computation
Linda Dodge
7/5/02
Read Advice for teacher new to Investigations
Yolanda Farmer
7/5/02
Read Re: Advice for teacher new to Investigations
Jacki Riffey
7/5/02
Read Re: Re: Advice for teacher new to Investigations
Debra
7/6/02
Read Re: Re: Re: Advice for teacher new to Investigations
Wayne
7/11/02
Read Re: Advice for teacher new to Investigations
Paul Hickman
7/17/02
Read Re: Advice for teacher new to Investigations
Cynthia Garland-Dore
7/7/02
Read Small array/big array
Peg Dillman
10/8/02
Read My students hate TERC, help!
Rachel
10/18/02
Read Re: My students hate TERC, help!
Beth Perry
4/23/03
Read math learning and success rates
Hannah, interested student
4/23/03
Read Re: math learning and success rates
Debra
7/28/03
Read Re: math learning and success rates
Meggan Henerlau
7/28/03
Read Students hate TERC
Sarah Hogg
10/7/03
Read big array, small array
betsy
10/7/03
Read Re: big array, small array
Bob Nagle
10/8/03
Read Re: big array, small array
Nancy
10/9/03
Read big array, small array
betsy
10/19/03
Read Learn languages (free)
fred
4/27/08
Read Re: Number Sense and Computational Fluency
Megan
5/10/08
Read Re: Number Sense and Computational Fluency
Hema
7/22/08