Topic: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Replies: 43   Last Post: Jan 15, 2000 1:05 AM

Arturo Magidin

Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking

In article <853i0u$4ql$1@nntp4.atl.mindspring.net>,
James Harris <jstev@mindspring.com> wrote:

>But, I want to know if you have decided that this justifies the type of
>behaviour that is being demonstrated by Clive Tooth, which is why I've
>posted.

Not that my opinion matters to you, but I don't think Clive's behavior
is objectionable. He is posting a single message to certain threads,
pointing people to his page. He is not posting the contents of the
page, for example, but merely a pointer. I seem to remember many
people suggesting ->you<- do that (instead of your rants and long
posts, simply post sa short pointer to your page).

His behaviour is within the norms of acceptable net.behaviour, even if
some people find it to be "close to the line."

Aside from this, I personally applaud him for doing it.

"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about
what I accept as reality."
--- Calvin ("Calvin and Hobbes")

Arturo Magidin
magidin@math.berkeley.edu

Date Subject Author
1/7/00
Read Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Nat Silver
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Euclid
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Charles H. Giffen
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Dan Hoey
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Dan Hoey
1/11/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Jim Ferry
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Jim Ferry
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
John R Ramsden
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Nico Benschop
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Simon
mathedman@hotmail.com
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Arturo Magidin
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Domnei
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/9/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/9/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Richard Carr
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Mike Christie
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Andy Spragg
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Andy Spragg
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Keith Ramsay
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Clive Tooth
1/9/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/15/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Keith Ramsay
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Keith Ramsay
1/8/00
Read RFD: alt.crackpot.james-harris
Craig Johnston
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Jonathan Hoyle
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David Libert