Topic: Conjugacy classes of GL(3,2)
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 21, 2000 3:26 AM

Robin Chapman

Re: Conjugacy classes of GL(3,2)

In article <38B02961.3502BD18@bezeqint.net>,
Bilha Moscowitch <mbilha@bezeqint.net> wrote:
> I need to find the representations of all conjugacy classes of GL(3,2)
> and the size of each one.
>
> I'd appreciate any help/resource on this.

In the following table, s is the size of the class, n its order and
f the minimum polynomial of the matrices repesenting the elements
n s f
1 1 X + 1
2 21 X^2 + 1
3 56 X^3 + 1
4 42 X^3 + X^2 + X + 1
7 24 X^3 + X + 1
7 24 X^3 + X^2 + 1.

--
Robin Chapman, http://www.maths.ex.ac.uk/~rjc/rjc.html
"`The twenty-first century didn't begin until a minute

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.