Topic: Introducing the United (fps) System
Replies: 87   Last Post: May 4, 2000 6:25 PM

gandg@snet.net

Re: Introducing the United (fps) System

In a previous article, <glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:
>In article <01bfad2e$c5eb5b60$LocalHost@default>,
>Donald G. Shead <u10889@snet.net> wrote:

snip<

>>My _point_ is that I've found the concepts of mass and weight to be
>>_inextricably_ confused! No one else seems to think so. They don't seem to
>>see any problem; they don't believe that even if there is; it's
>>significant: I claim that it's _the_ major problem facing physics today;
>>especially since theoretical physics is born of ficticious properties that
>>are attributed to 'masses' of matter.

>If you can figure out the relationship between mass and weight, why do you
>think the typical physicist can't also figure it out?

The typical physicist is as_inextricably_ confused as you are: That's why.

Gramp, Shead a'course.

----- http://newsone.net/ -- Discussions on every subject. -----
NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net

Date Subject Author
4/21/00
Read Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Mark Mallory
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Richard Carr
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Erik Max Francis
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Uncle Al
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Uncle Al
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Michael Varney
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeffrey Gauch
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
RC
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Paul Richards
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Russell Harper
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jim Carr
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
briggs@eisner.decus.org
4/30/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Chris Thompson
4/22/00
[...]
Ben Kraines
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Ben Kraines
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeffrey Gauch
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
theresa knott
4/24/00
[...]
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeffrey Gauch
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
theresa knott
4/25/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gene Nygaard
4/25/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Uniform Field Teory
Ì. Òåëåãèí
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Ben Kraines
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
RC
4/25/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Martyn Harrison
4/28/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Stephen Poley
4/28/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Paul Schlyter
4/29/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jim Carr
4/30/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Stephen Poley
5/1/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
briggs@eisner.decus.org
5/2/00
[...]
Mehdi TIBOUCHI
5/4/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
David C. Baker
4/30/00