Topic: Introducing the United (fps) System
Replies: 87   Last Post: May 4, 2000 6:25 PM

gandg@snet.net

Re: Introducing the United (fps) System

In a previous article, <glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:
>In article <8e1i27$g78$1@news.netmar.com>, <gandg@snet.net> wrote:

Snip<

>>The typical physicist is as_inextricably_ confused as you are: That's why.

>So now you know something about physics that most physicists don't know?
>That seems kind of vain.
>
>Why do you think I'm confused about it?

Greg! Do I have to come right out and call you a dummy (dumb-dumb;-) in order
for you to see that the reason the kilogram is a constant (a _unit_ of mass)
is because its weight (w), the force it exerts on a spring, or on an unequal
arm, or pendulum balance scale, varies in proportion to the free fall
acceleration (g) wherever they are; so that its Gravitational Mass (w/g) is a
constant: Wherever they are!

When can I quit repeating this? How long will it take for it to sink in?

Gramp, Shead a'course.

----- http://newsone.net/ -- Discussions on every subject. -----
NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net

Date Subject Author
4/21/00
Read Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Mark Mallory
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Richard Carr
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Erik Max Francis
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Uncle Al
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/21/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Uncle Al
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Michael Varney
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeffrey Gauch
4/22/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
RC
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Paul Richards
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Russell Harper
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jim Carr
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
briggs@eisner.decus.org
4/30/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Chris Thompson
4/22/00
[...]
Ben Kraines
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Ben Kraines
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeffrey Gauch
4/23/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
theresa knott
4/24/00
[...]
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeffrey Gauch
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
theresa knott
4/25/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gene Nygaard
4/25/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Donald G. Shead
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
William L. Bahn
4/24/00
Read Uniform Field Teory
Ì. Òåëåãèí
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
gandg@snet.net
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Gregory L. Hansen
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jeff Gauld
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Ben Kraines
4/24/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
RC
4/25/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Martyn Harrison
4/28/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Stephen Poley
4/28/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Paul Schlyter
4/29/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Jim Carr
4/30/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
Stephen Poley
5/1/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
briggs@eisner.decus.org
5/2/00
[...]
Mehdi TIBOUCHI
5/4/00
Read Re: Introducing the United (fps) System
David C. Baker
4/30/00