Topic: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Replies: 44   Last Post: May 7, 2000 3:32 PM

Steve Lord

Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW

On Tue, 2 May 2000 triplex@cheerful.com wrote:

> In article <390F3226.3A116D1E@alcyone.com>,
> Erik Max Francis <max@alcyone.com> wrote:
>

> > The fact that "triplex" and Lounesto post from the same ISP should
> > probably not be lost on the readers of this thread.

> Don't you have eyes, Mr Erix Max Francis? I write from deja.com
> where as Mr Lounesto writes from a different domain.

Headers don't lie.

\begin{quoted message with headers}

From slord@wpi.edu Tue May 2 08:23:03 2000 +0000
Newsgroups: sci.math
>Subject: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
>Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 08:23:03 GMT

Hello all quasimathematicians! Why can't you admit that Mr Lounesto
indeed is superior to all you? Why can't you see that you don't even
have a chance to point out his failures if those would exist? He is in
his own level. The only thing you can do is calling names Mr Lounesto
and doing other disgusting lowmoralities trying to tarnish Mr
Lounesto's good reputation. Of course you can't succeed with it, you
can only show your own poor level of understanding. Shame on you! You
should feel guilty now. Why not make an apology for Mr Lounesto right
now? I am sure that Mr Lounesto is so noble that he can understand your
childish failures and forgive you. You still have a chance to save your
faces! Start now! Tomorrow it may be too late... You have been given an
offer now. It is up to you to decide if you want to remain as morans or
to gain the marvellous cognitive growth by joining Pertti Lounesto's
winning team. Only an idiot would hesitate. Become real mathematicians!

ps. I don't get paid for this. My admire for Mr Lounesto is genuine.
And the sooner you achieve and grasp this admire too, the sooner you
will see the world with new eyes! What a lovely sight.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

\end{quoted message with headers}

Notice that NNTP-Posting-Host?

nslookup on 212.90.64.68 gives:
Name: ce-2.pp.htv.fi
Address: 212.90.64.68

Now, grabbing the NNTP posting host from one of Pertti's random posts:

\begin{quoted message with header}

From slord@wpi.edu Tue Apr 25 22:55:17 2000 +0200
Newsgroups: sci.math

Doug Norris wrote:

> Pertti Lounesto <Pertti.Lounesto@hit.fi> writes:
>

> >If there is a black spot on any of my postings
> >on 4D rotations, summarized in the web-page
> >http://www.hit.fi/~lounesto/Zdislav.Kovarik,
> >I would appreciate you pointing the spot to me.

> WRONG! Every time I point out an error of yours,
> whether it be mathematical or

You have never pointed out a mathematics error of mine.
I have pointed out a mathematical errors of Kovarik,
Chapman and others, who are top posters in sci.math.
I will not lower myself to point out your math mistakes,
because you are not a good mathematician.

> It's clear, to me at least, that you don't wish to communicate mathematics
> with people; you only want people to think how wise you are. Pertti,
> in this forum, you're equal until proven otherwise. Reputations are earned
> here, and your reputation is that of a boor.

I have corrected misconcpetions of top posters, and you
claim that I do not "wish to communicate mathematics".
Evidently, you grossly misjudge what is communicated.
I have corrected gross miscomprehensions on central
issues of top posters, who have been proud about the
topic, on which I have shown their knowledge insufficient
and false.

Richard Carr wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Pertti Lounesto wrote:
>
>:incompetency on the topic. Also, Pertti is the
>:topic of many threads, initiated by a number of
>:posters, but the FAQ does not mention Pertti
>
> but several times he is the subject because he himself
> gatecrashes the threads, which often started out with
> no relevance to what he puts into them.

On the contrary, my comments have been relevant.
Your comment just shows that you have not seen
the connection, because of your limited vision.

Let me specifically point here to Kovarik: my posts
about Kovarik have focused on correcting his gross
miscomprehension causing his inability to deal with the
issue of his own choice, namely rotations, which other
regular posters give him credit, unfounded, most notably
Dave Rusin under the title "Direct rotation -- shortest
rotation taking one vector to another", in his web-page
http://www.math.niu.edu/~rusin/known-math/collection/master.html,
http://www.math.niu.edu/~rusin/known-math/99/direct_rot.
Kovarik does not become an expert on rotations merely
because Rusin refers to him. Rusin cannot wriggle out
by saying that I have not explicitly mentioned in postings
that my method is superior to Kovarik's. Of course,
Rusin and Kovarik can now begin to praise each other
and try to neglect my contributions to theory of rotations,
but that would only make them use each other's poor
methods, instead of my superior theory.

\end{quoted message with header}

Notice that NNTP posting host from Pertti?

Hmm ... ce-2.pp.htv.fi versus cs89178.pp.htv.fi ... doesn't that seem a
little bit too convenient to be a coincidence? It does to me.

*snip a bunch of random stuff*

> Unfortunately I will not be able to continue the discussion furthermore.
> But do remember: if you can't beat your enemy, why not join it?

*snip*

Being confronted with evidence like this too much?

Grow up. Remember who the last poster who used an 'friend' to support his
arguments happened to be? While we're on that topic ... what is he doing
these days? Did he give up his 'proof' of FLT?

If you want to 'discuss' things with your opponents, do it yourself; don't
hide behind a throwaway facade. Don't be a coward.

Steve L

Date Subject Author
5/2/00
Read Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
triplex@cheerful.com
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Paul Richards
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
triplex@cheerful.com
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Richard Carr
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
triplex@cheerful.com
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Richard Carr
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Paul Richards
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Doug Norris
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
triplex@cheerful.com
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Doug Norris
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Paul Richards
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Paul Richards
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
John R Ramsden
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Pertti Lounesto
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Slamet
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Richard Carr
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Paul Richards
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW (fuckoff)
Paul Richards
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Erik Max Francis
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
triplex@cheerful.com
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Steve Lord
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pete Seiler
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Doug Norris
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Doug Norris
5/2/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Matthew Hyde
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Robin Chapman
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pete Bartlett
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Erik Max Francis
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
mareg@primrose.csv.warwick.ac.uk
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Stephen Norris
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Erik Max Francis
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Erik Max Francis
5/3/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Nico Benschop
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
JP
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Erik Max Francis
5/4/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
JP
5/7/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/7/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Pertti Lounesto
5/7/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
denis-feldmann
5/7/00
Read Re: Make an apology for Mr Lounesto right NOW
Virgil Hancher