Topic: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jun 19, 2000 2:26 AM

Evad Rehtona

Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?

Peter wrote:

> In article <8gk6gr$gq$1@flotsam.uits.indiana.edu>, mvanheyn@cs.indiana.edu
> pontificates...

> >In Seattle, the most common response I see to bunching is leapfrogging;
> >each bus will service every other stop, passing one another while people
> >are boarding. Obviously this only works with inbound (i.e. mostly in
> >the boarding phase) routes; in an outbound route, you'll still have to
> >stop at pretty much every stop anyway. I don't know whether
> >leapfrogging is established policy or just widely used. It does allow
> >the buses to both proceed faster than either one could alone.

> Unfortunately trolley buses (eg in Wellington) cannot leapfrog.

Seattle has trolley buses too.

They can leapfrog if they have passing loops. The Wellington City
Council took down all of the passing loops about 10 years ago, to save
the cost of maintaining the switches, which were being battered about
because of the cheapskate poles then being used which flew off the wires
all the time.

Date Subject Author
5/22/00
Read why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Evad Rehtona
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jens Brix Christiansen
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Charles Bryant
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Bob Tiernan
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jeff Kurland
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
John Haggerty
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Bob Tiernan
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jeff Kurland
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Marc VanHeyningen
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Evad Rehtona
5/27/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Uncle Mort
5/28/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jonathan Dushoff
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
greg byshenk
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
5/31/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Marc VanHeyningen
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
6/10/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Charlie Thorne
6/11/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Marc VanHeyningen
6/14/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
6/19/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
greg byshenk
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/31/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Cyrek the Illogical
5/31/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Robin Payne
6/1/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Cyrek the Illogical
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Kragh Pedersen
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Andrew Price
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
foo@bar.com
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
FinalJustyce
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
foo@bar.com
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
FinalJustyce
6/8/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
6/10/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rebecca Macann's News
6/11/00
Read [OT] (was: Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?)
Kragh Pedersen
6/11/00
Read Re: [OT] (was: Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?)
Matthew T. Russotto
6/13/00
[...]
6/12/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
6/8/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Magnus Homann
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Kragh Pedersen
6/5/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Laurence Bogle
6/11/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Aidan Stanger
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Bill
5/27/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rebecca Macann's News
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Harpo
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Roy Everett Still no BOAT account!!
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jason Rumney
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Brian M. Harmer
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
gerson
5/23/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
James Lawry
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
watwinc
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Michael Press
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Michael Press
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter Percival
5/27/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
James Lawry
5/30/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/30/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s?
G Swaine