Topic: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jun 19, 2000 2:26 AM

don mcdonald

Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?

On Tue, 23 May 2000, gerson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 00:52:28 GMT
> From: gerson <gerson@bigpond.net.au>
> Newsgroups: sci.math, nz.general, rec.puzzles
> Subject: Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?

> > >The author of [1] obviously spends far too much time working out
> > >statistical distribution formulae and not enough time standing at bus
> > >stops. It is not a myth, it is observable fact.

> > <bait for DMcL>
> > It is certainly true in Wellington because the bloody trolleybuses
> > can't overtake each other, and trip over each other's heels all the
> > way through the city!
> > </bait for DMcL>
> > Brian M. Harmer
> > http://www.vuw.ac.nz/~bharmer/

if the first bus has to stop for nearly every passenger
then the following bus will be slowed down too.
It may be a good policy to choose to board the second bus.
then the first will not be delayed so much and you will
actually get [to the city ] sooner.**on the second bus.**

sometimes, when 2 buses come together, the first bus will
continue on without waiting. This should speed up the flow.

do you have to lose to win. Does Stagecoach Wn know
about this. [the bus operator.].

/ don. (M) (loto, ANZbank ATM invisible, nz post prev. occupant unclaimed)
--
don.mcdonald | ask me about my maths /// lot-to-it |
millennium 57*60^3 = 12/31/2000. | call Mindr/ RECord hit # hash

Date Subject Author
5/22/00
Read why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Evad Rehtona
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jens Brix Christiansen
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Charles Bryant
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Bob Tiernan
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jeff Kurland
5/24/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
John Haggerty
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Bob Tiernan
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jeff Kurland
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Marc VanHeyningen
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Evad Rehtona
5/27/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Uncle Mort
5/28/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jonathan Dushoff
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
greg byshenk
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
5/31/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Marc VanHeyningen
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
6/10/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Charlie Thorne
6/11/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Marc VanHeyningen
6/14/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
fred klein
6/19/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
greg byshenk
5/29/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter
5/31/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Cyrek the Illogical
5/31/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Robin Payne
6/1/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Cyrek the Illogical
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Kragh Pedersen
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Andrew Price
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
foo@bar.com
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
FinalJustyce
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
foo@bar.com
6/6/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
FinalJustyce
6/8/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
6/10/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rebecca Macann's News
6/11/00
Read [OT] (was: Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?)
Kragh Pedersen
6/11/00
Read Re: [OT] (was: Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?)
Matthew T. Russotto
6/13/00
[...]
6/12/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rich Grise
6/8/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Magnus Homann
6/4/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Kragh Pedersen
6/5/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Laurence Bogle
6/11/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Aidan Stanger
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Bill
5/27/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Rebecca Macann's News
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Harpo
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Roy Everett Still no BOAT account!!
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Jason Rumney
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Brian M. Harmer
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
gerson
5/23/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/22/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
James Lawry
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
watwinc
5/25/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Michael Press
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Michael Press
5/26/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
Peter Percival
5/27/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
James Lawry
5/30/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s? , math book?
don mcdonald
5/30/00
Read Re: why do buses always come in 3s?
G Swaine