Topic: why .ps ?
Replies: 39   Last Post: Aug 9, 2000 3:13 PM

Adam Atkinson

Re: why .ps ?

In article <20000805115610.14947.00000484@ng-fo1.aol.com>,
qscgz@aol.com (QSCGZ) wrote:

> >It's no harder than downloading and installing PDF-viewers, and
no-one
> >seems to think .pdf files are unreasonably hard to read. Ghostview is
> >exactly as easy to install and use as Acrobat reader.

> then . how long would it take for someone
> not familiar with them to get them ready
> for use ? Including searching for the right files,
> downloading,installing, reading the manual , etc.

Much the same in both cases, I'd have thought. If you've never
heard of .pdf _or_ .ps, what's the difference between the
two in terms of time to search for files, download, install etc.?
Reading the manual isn't necessary in either case if you're just
trying to view someone else's files.

"Searching for files" needn't be an issue anyway: on the only
webpage where I make a .ps file available I've put in a link
to the ghostscript home page. If I made a .pdf file available,
I'd put in a link to wherever you get pdf viewers from.

> Maybe I'm just too silly and impatient for that.

That's the impression you seem to be trying quite hard to give.
Perhaps you'd like to tell us about the trauma involved
in installing Acrobat Reader?

Nothing you've said makes .ps seem any harder than .pdf

--
Libri di matematica piu' o meno ricreativa:
http://www.mistral.co.uk/ghira/recmathslibri.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.