Topic: Testing Math Teachers
Replies: 42   Last Post: Sep 17, 2003 4:52 PM

Gloria Moran

Re: Testing Math Teachers

On 26 May 2000, Bill Kendall wrote:
>There is now a serious math teacher shortage. It will hit the public
>press in a month or so. The schools near Rhode Island & Connecticut
>tell me no one is coming over to Massachusetts from URI or UCONN. The
>teacher mood in RI & Conn is simply better. In Braintree we lost one
>excellent prospect from Bridgewater State becuase he failed the test

>second time. Meanwhile, our new teacher, who scored a 100 on the
test,
>is leaving. He knows and loves the math, but cannot cope with the
kids
>who do not. I have interviewed several bonus babies. I cannot gamble
>on them. They know nothing about educational issues, and have never
>faced a room of teenagers. Now, you add to this the new teacher
>testing policy, a policy that will only drive out more teachers (how
>on earth will testing attract people?)and we have the makings of a
>very serious situation that will hurt the economy and reputation of
>this state. Cellucci

Date Subject Author
4/25/00
Read Testing Math Teachers
Laura Barrett
4/25/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Anne Wheelock
4/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Pete Gilmore
4/27/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Andreae Downs
4/27/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Jim Hamos
4/28/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Pete Gilmore
4/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
lyn heady
4/25/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Claire Graham
4/25/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Gloria Moran
4/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Ron Barndt
4/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Laura Barrett
4/27/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Anne Collins
4/27/00
Read Re: Teacher Test Forum Dates
Laura Barrett
5/4/00
Read Math Teachers Tests: DOE Press release
Anne Wheelock
5/15/00
Read Re: Math Teachers Tests: DOE Press release
Joseph Caruso
5/15/00
Read Re: Math Teachers Tests: DOE Press release
Joseph Caruso
6/19/00
Read Re: Math Teachers Tests: DOE Press release
[no author]
5/4/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Laura Barrett
5/25/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers-response by Supts
Peg Bondorew
5/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Bill Kendall
5/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Andreae Downs
5/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Gloria Moran
5/26/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Gloria Moran
6/19/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Anne Collins
6/21/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Michael Bresnahan
7/1/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers - Unions take action
[no author]
7/2/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers - Unions take action
[no author]
7/2/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers - Unions take action
[no author]
7/2/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers - Unions take action
[no author]
9/17/03
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
Jean Adair
7/7/00
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers - News report 7/7
[no author]
7/9/00
Read Re: Mass. struggling to find math teachers
Anne Wheelock
7/9/00
Read Re: Mass. struggling to find math teachers
[no author]
2/12/01
Read Testing Math Teachers
Ken Worsley
2/22/01
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
[no author]
2/25/01
Read Re: Testing Math Teachers
[no author]
2/25/01
Read Testing Math Teachers? We've earned a bonus!
Ken Worsley
4/13/01
Read Re: Testing Teachers
msmith