Topic: Trapezoid definition
Replies: 26   Last Post: Oct 7, 2004 11:51 PM

Donna W.

Re: Is a rectangle a square?

I sent my frustrated note, then I found my basic math skills book and
found an answer I'm satisfied with.

A rectangle is a geometric figure with four straight sides, opposite
sides parellel, and each corner angle a right or 90 degree angle.
A square is simply a rectangle with all four sides of equal length.

So, by definition, a square is a rectangle, however, a rectangle is
not always square.

I wish they would include parent refresher guidelines with our
children's schoolbooks so we could really help them instead of seeming
so dumb. A lot of what I learned I have never really used or thought
about since I was their age.