Topic: acreage
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 16, 2008 2:33 PM

Steven Chanan

Re: acreage
att1.html (1.1 K)

Jason,

Knowing what you've told us - and not even really knowing what an
acre is exactly - I can imagine your lot as being reasonably square,
in which case each side would be a mile or two miles or half a mile
or however long. I can also imagine your lot as being 1 inch wide and
thousands and thousands of miles long - in other words, the *same
area*, 5 1/3 acres, but spread out as a really thin rectangle.

So, the obnoxious teacher in me can't help but ask, What do you
think? Given the different shapes a 5 1/3 acre lot could take on, do
you think there's a way for us to know the perimeter given only the
area?

Steven