Topic: Which prices are fake?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 23, 2004 3:10 PM

Martin Penderis

Re: Which prices are fake?

Bob Wheeler <bwheeler@echip.com> wrote in message news:<414C8290.7090501@echip.com>...
> Of course Benford's law doesn't help here, but as a hint, it suggests
> that one should look at the digits, and the trailing digits suggest that
> the first series is made up -- too many 0's for randomness. I don't
> think I would say the same, had to told us that the first list was the
> result of human scale reading, since the trailing digits for such tend
> to mass on 0, 5, and 7.

Thank you for posting. You do give a reason for your answer. Why do
you say that Benford's law doesn't help here. Give me a few days to
say whether you are right or not in case others want to say whether
they agree with you or otherwise. I will also comment on your remark
about 0, 5 and 7 (not so much the 7).