Topic: integration cube root sin x
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 5:09 AM

Doug Magnoli

Re: integration cube root sin x

And BTW, Mathematica gives the indefinite integral as:

Int [(sin x)^(1/3) dx] = - cos(x)*HG2F1[1/2,1/3,3/2,(cos x)^2]*(sin
x)^(4/3) / (sin x)^(4/3),

where HG2F1 is Hypergeometric2F1, defined as:

HG2F1(a,b;c;z) = sum(k=0,inf) (a_k*b_k / c_k) * z^k / k!

hth,

-Doug Magnoli